Our mission is to assure that conditions within the health district allow its residents to lead healthy lives through:
- Promoting a healthy community and protecting residents from health risks;
- Preventing disease, disability, injury, and premature deaths;
- Defining health priorities determined through community health assessments;
- Monitoring the health status of the community;
- Developing health policy that supports and encourages improved health status.
We assist residents through public health education and information to:
- Understand both community and personal health risks;
- Accept individual responsibility for their own health;
- Adopt personal practices that enhance both individual and community health.
We assure that:
- Health services are available and accessible to all residents;
- Medical services are of the highest quality and necessary;
- Environmental health conditions related to air, water, food, shelter, solid waste, sewage, consumer protection, and safety foster a healthy community.